The Modelica Buildings library 7.0.0 has been released on May 28, 2020.
The Modelica Buildings Library Version 7.0.0 is a major release that contains various new packages, new models and improvements to existing models.
The following major changes have been done:
- New packages have been added to model building controls and to support the creation of emulators that compare the performance of building control sequences in the Building Optimization Performance Tests framework BOPTEST.
- Various new control blocks have been added to the Control Description Language CDL.
- Various new equipment models have been added, such as models of absorption chillers, CHP equipment and heat pumps.
- The reduced order building models now also allow modeling air moisture and air contaminant balance.
- A tutorial has been added to explain how to implement control sequences using the Control Description Language that is being developed in the OpenBuildingControl project.
- The icons of many components have been updated so that they visualize temperatures, flow rates or control signals while the simulation is running.
- Results of the ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 14 validation (BESTEST) are now integrated in the user’s guide.
The library has been tested with Dymola 2020x and 2021, JModelica (revision 14023), and OPTIMICA (revision OCT-stable-r12473_JM-r14295).
For a detailed list of changes, see the release notes.