We have several open positions to conduct research, implement and deploy Modelica- and FMI-based new generation modeling and simulation tools for buildings and district energy systems.
What you will do:
- Conduct research, develop and deploy new generation modeling tools for building and district energy system design and operation based on the Modelica and FMI standards.
- Conduct research in how to extend and apply these modeling standards and numerical methods in the redesign of EnergyPlus to allow Modelica and FMI-based HVAC and control simulation, and to support research in urban energy systems.
- Conduct research, implementation and distribution of computing tools for building and district energy systems, including their controls, based on Modelica, FMI and mathematical programming packages for design and real-time operation.
- Link domain-specific simulation programs to each other to support rapid prototyping, integrated whole-system level analysis and model-use during operations.
- Publish research results in leading journals, present findings at national and international conferences and work with industry on testing and deploying the research.
- Contribute to writing proposals, securing funding and leading research projects and tasks.
If you have demonstrated strong skills in thermofluid flow systems, HVAC systems and computing, please apply at the following links:
- Principal Scientific Engineering Associate with
- focus on Modelica Buildings Library, Spawn and OpenBuildingControl, and
- focus on Modelica Buildings Library and district energy modeling.
Please only apply to either of the two openings as they are in the same team.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow.